Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.
My wife and I are leaning on this verse heavily as I enter my second month of orders negotiation. My detailer has already told me he wants me to "go to the school house" and either teach or lead a maintenance division. Now, anyone who knows me knows I would love instructor duty.There is, however, a problem. The base where I would be an instructor or be in the maintenance department is 70 miles away from the nearest treatment center for our daughter Samantha, and that is a civilian hospital, complete with co-payments and the like.The nearest military hospital that treats Sam's disease of cystic fibrosis is Bethesda, which is 80 miles away from my prospective base.
This puts us in a bind, for which we are calling out to God for resolution. I'm not going to fib...I've been feeling pressure on all sides for the last few months. I want to be a good husband and father, so putting my family that far from a treatment facility is insane. But I don't know what to do when I'm being told that this base is the place where the Navy wants me to go.
So we pray. Honestly, I don't know what else to do. Alicia and I are praying that God will shut doors on everything that doesn't help care for Samantha. We understand and accept that he may put us in what might be a rough situation to fulfill his will for us, but we are hopeful that his will contains a base closer to a treatment facility for Samantha's cystic fibrosis.
Please, if you believe in prayer, would you pray for us? I don't know what else to do. Pray that God would help me negotiate with the detailer. Pray that he would take care of Samantha. Pray that he will ease the burden we feel. We have prayed I Peter 5:7 as well, hoping that God hears our cry. I believe he will hear yours too.
I'm sorry to sound so desperate, but it is what it is, and God is my only answer.
Praying, brother. Even if the worst happens, God is in control.
Amen! I too will lift you up in prayer. Here's my two cents... If you end up going, then consider positioning your home closer to the hospital and commit to commuting to work daily. You will be in good company, as many fathers and mothers do this on a daily basis. I drove 120 miles a day for 7 years, it ate 2 extra hours a day, but my family was cared for and safe.
Thank you both for your prayers. Tony, I agree with your assessment, but either way, we would be wasting resources by that move. Add to that the fact that we had hoped to go down to one car since we'd be living on base, and it just doesn't make sense...which is why we pray, but as both of you who suggested, I will be praying that I can accept it should God decide to send us.
I'll be praying for your family also.
Thank you Adam. I apologize for not replying earlier. I really do appreciate your prayers!
Just wanted to let everyone know that we could continue to use your prayers. You can find an update to our situation by going to the latest post on the blog. We are still hopeful that God will intervene for us! Praise him!
Post a Comment